Knitting and Other Craft Activities For Kids
Knitting and Other Craft Activities For Kids
Knitting and crafts are a great way for kids to keep busy and entertained. It allows kids to exercise their creativity and create something that is all their own, giving them a sense of pride and accomplishment. With so many different types of crafts to choose from, there is something for every child and every skill level. Explore the knitting and craft ideas below to try with your children or students.
- How to Make a Beaded Necklace: HowStuffWorks shows kids how to make a beaded necklace using one jumbo craft stick, acrylic paint, small school photograph, white paper, six-inch thin ribbon, two pony beads, paintbrush, scissors, glue, and a marker.
- How to Make Beaded Flowers (PDF): This book shows kids how to make pretty fake flowers using beads and other materials.
- Beaded Embroidery Stitches (PDF): This book teaches the basics on making beaded embroidery stitches.
- Surface Beading (PDF): A tutorial that teaches parents how to do surface beaded embroidery.
- Crochet Beads (PDF): This document shows parents how to make crochet beaded beads.
Candle and Soap Making
- Candle Making (PDF): This book shows how to make candles from paraffin wax, wicks, molds, stearic, mold sealer, dyes, and perfume.
- Cheap and Easy Crafts (PDF): This book shows how to make floating candles.
- Make a Beeswax Candle (PDF): This document shows how to make a beeswax candle from scratch.
- How to Make Organic Soap (PDF): This book shows how to make organic soap from home, including what equipment to use, directions on how to make the soap, how to cook the soap, how to make clear soap, how to make colorful soap, and more.
- How to Make Spooky Soap (PDF): This document teaches parents how to make spooky soap with their kids.
- Clay Figures: This exercise teaches kids how to make different kinds of figure people out of clay. It aims to teach kids how to understand, accept, and remain sensitive to the differences of other people.
- Polymer Clay Project: Owl (PDF): A document that shows kids how to make an owl from polymer clay.
- Polymer Clay Objects for the Fall (PDF): A book that has several polymer clay projects that involves themes related to the Fall season.
- Seven Ways to Teach Yourself Polymer Clay (PDF): A book that teaches different ways of using polymer clay, including where to buy quality polymer clay, the basics of making polymer clay objects, and understanding polymer clay molding techniques.
- Sculpt a Face: A tutorial that teaches how to sculpt a highly detailed face using polymer clay, clay shapers, a wooden tool with cupped ends, a paint brush, water, and ninety-one percent rubbing alcohol.
- Papier Mache Jewelry (PDF): This document shows parents how to teach their kids to create papier-mache jewelry pieces.
- My First Wire Jewelry (PDF): A short document that teaches kids how to make simple wire jewelry from paperclips.
- Wire-Wrapping: A Few Beginner's Techniques (PDF): Parents can teach their kids how to make wire-wrapped jewelry. This project is more suitable for kids ages twelve and up.
- Tangled Charms (PDF): Disney offers a jewelry crafts project using white or clean shrink-wrap paper, printed charms, scissors, a hole punch, and jewelry accessories.
- Jewelry Making: This educational webpage introduces more advanced concepts in jewelry making. While a little more complicated, it can bring older children up to speed after nailing down the basics.
- Let's Learn to Knit (PDF): A valuable education resource that teaches kids finger knitting basics.
- Llama Finger Puppet (PDF): A finger knitting pattern for kids that creates a finger puppet in the form of a llama.
- Teaching Kids to Knit: A web-based tutorial that teaches kids the very basics of knitting.
- Learn Knit Stitch (Garter Stitch): The Craft Yarn Council provides a tutorial on the garter stitch of knitting.
- Chic Knits: Knitting Tips and Knitting Articles: An all-encompassing website that provides knitting tips, tutorials, and other informational articles about knitting. Teachers and parents can use this resource to guide kids in learning knitting basics.
- Mosaic Eggs Tutorial: An Easter project that crafts mosaic eggs using colored egg shells.
- Paper Mosaics: This activity guides a classroom of kids on creating paper mosaics.
- Recycled Magazine Mosaics (PDF): A collection of recycled magazine mosaics that kids can use in their projects.
- Recycled Arts and Crafts Guide (PDF): A book of arts and crafts that includes projects on creating various mosaics.
- How to Make a Pebble Mosaic (PDF): A document that gives step-by-step instructions on how to create a pebble mosaic.
- How To Make a Papier Maché Bowl (PDF): A document that teaches how to make a paper maché pot or bowl from newspaper, plain flour, water, salt, and an assortment of other tools.
- Chinese Paper-Maché Lantern Craft (PDF): An elementary paper maché activity that involves crafting a Chinese lantern from a variety of materials.
- Recipe for Paper-Maché (PDF): A tutorial that provides the recipe on making paper maché.
- Piggy Bank (PDF): An arts and crafts activity that teaches kids how to make a traditional piggy bank out of paper maché.
- Fun with Paper Maché (PDF): A teacher's resource guide that will provide ideas that incorporate crafty paper maché projects for their classroom.
- Recycled Crafts and Activities (PDF): Bryson Education offers a wide variety of arts and crafts that use recycled materials.
- 40 Newspaper Craft Ideas (PDF): This document contains forty craft ideas for parents who wish to get their kids involved using recycled newspaper.
- Recycling Crafts You Can Do At Home (PDF): An educational document that provides a list of recycling crafts that kids can do at the home when they're bored.
- 5 Unbelievable Recyclables Crafts: An article that offers Earth-conscious arts and crafts that uses recycled materials.
- Free Kids Crafts: A webpage that offers projects using recycled clothing.
- Scrapbooking the Classroom: This educational resource provides several links with scrapbooking craft ideas that can be used in a teacher's classroom.
- Paper Fun: Scrapbooking: This webpage provides the necessary information for kids and beginners who want to get started in scrapbooking.
- Introduction to Scrapbooking (PDF): This document provides the essential tips that will help kids understand the basics of scrapbooking.
- Cropping Kids!: A tutorial meant strictly for kids who want to learn how to scrapbook.
- Bethany's Scrapbooking Ideas: A personal webpage that offers scrapbooking ideas for everybody getting into the hobby.
- Beyond Rubber (PDF): A list of rubber stamping techniques to decorate the walls and furniture at home.
- Rubber Stamping on Fabric Items (PDF): This tutorial teaches parents and kids how to use a rubber stamp on fabric items to make colorful patterns.
- 100th Day of School Activities: A list of school activities that teachers can incorporate that will engage their students, including using rubber stamps to create neat designs.
- Thanksgiving Place Holders: Kaboose offers a rubber stamping project that will create amazing looking thanksgiving placeholders when it's time to gobble up.
- Homemade Wrapping Paper: This homemade crafts idea will have kids excited for the holidays!