A simple and elegant sweater, the Basilica Herringbone pullover will wear as well as your favorite hoodie, but with the warmth and water repellent properties of super soft merino wool. Whether you cast on a squishy sweater for yourself, or knit one up to keep a loved one cozy this winter, you will be delighted by the hand-dyed, unique, and tonal color variations as they unfold into your next handmade garment.
In the swatches shown for the available color options, the 1st color is for the body of the sweater and the 2nd is for the yoke of the sweater.
The Basilica Herringbone Pullover was designed for Urth Yarns by Catherine Salter Bayar.
These size measurements are for the wearer's bust, with 3.5 - 4 inches or 9 - 10 centimeters of positive ease in the bodice, sleeves are more fitted.
- Extra Small - 28 inches or 71 centimeters
- Small - 32 inches or 81 centimeters
- Medium - 38 inches or 96.5 centimeters
- Large - 44 inches or 112 centimeters
- 1X - 50 inches or 127 centimeters
- 2X - 56 inches or 142 centimeters
- 3X - 62 inches or 157 centimeters
Included in the kits:
- In kit size Extra Small - Small (28"-32" bust): 4 skeins of Urth Yarns Monokrom Fingering
- In kit size Medium (38" bust): 5 skeins of Urth Yarns Monokrom Fingering
- In kit size Large (44" bust): 6 skeins of Urth Yarns Monokrom Fingering
- In kit size 1X - 2X (50"-56" bust): 7 skeins of Urth Yarns Monokrom Fingering
- In kit size 3X (62" bust): 8 skeins of Urth Yarns Monokrom Fingering
Additional Supplies you will need that are not included:
- Knitting Needles:
- US 4/3.5mm circular needles or DPNs (or size needed for gauge: 30 stitches and 38 rows = 4" / 10 cm in stockinette stitch)
- US 10/6mm circular needles or DPNs
- The Basilica Herringbone Pullover pattern is not included in the kit and will need to be purchased separately. Click here to go to the pattern page on Ravelry.
Like all of Urth Yarn's hand-dyed masterpieces, every skein is unique! Also, every digital screen is calibrated differently. Slight variations in tone and saturation will vary from screen to screen. The actual color of your item may vary slightly from what you see on your screen.
When you choose Urth Yarns you are supporting a workforce of strong women who hand-dye their yarns in Mersin and Istanbul. Each Urth Yarns skein purchased plants a tree as part of the #knitoneplantone movement. Join us in helping Trees for the Future in their mission to provide families with tools and knowledge to plant trees in Africa.
"Planting trees provides families with more than just food. It provides income, empowerment, unity, leadership, education and even saves lives. When we can teach people to value themselves and their environment, they see amazing improvements in their standard of living."
See more gorgeous kits and hand-dyed yarns from Urth Yarns HERE.
Our first response to your order would be to have it shipped directly from our warehouse. In the case that our stock levels are too low, your Urth Yarns Basilica Herringbone Sweater Kit will be drop-shipped from Urth Yarns in Florida, USA. Please allow up to 3-5 business days for your order to be processed and shipped out. We will contact you with any shipping and tracking information for your order.
If you have questions regarding the current stock of specific colorways please call/e-mail us at (509) 536-7746 or firstname.lastname@example.org.