Tasogare is an Aran/Medium weight featuring Noro's signature blend of coriedale/merino, silk, and mohair - such as popular yarns like Silk Garden. However, the meaning of Tasogare reveals the inspiration - Japanese for "twilight", that time when colors grow dim as light fades - this yarn features undyed dark brown wool which interplays with the dyed fibers in typical Noro multi colors - giving each color a more muted & deep feeling such as one feels at the end of the day when the brightness of the sun fades.
Each dragon egg ball contains over 400 yards of yarn, enough for a small shawl or accessory.
Yarn Details :
- Weight - Aran ( 8 WPI )
- Yardage - 410 Yards (375 Meters)
- Unit Weight - 150 Grams (5.29 ounces)
- Gauge - 11-20 sts over 4 inches
- Recommended needle size - US 7 - 9 or 4.5 - 5.5mm
- Fiber Content - 60% Wool, 20% Silk, 20% Mohair