Mix and match dents in one reed. This reed allows you to warp with yarns of different weights and at different widths. Get creative with your masterpieces and let your imagination take flight. These are perfect for the adventurous weaver and anyone using a variety of weights in their project.
Read more about assembling the Variable Dent Reeds here.
SL2160 10" Cricket Loom Variable Dent Reed includes
- 10" reed frame
- reed sections: 2 – 5-dent / 2 – 8-dent / 2 – 10-dent / 2 – 12-dent
SL2161 15" Cricket & Flip Loom Variable Dent Reed includes
- 15" reed frame
- reed sections: 4 – 5-dent / 3 – 8-dent / 4 – 10-dent / 3 – 12-dent
SL2162 20" Flip Loom Variable Dent Reed includes
- 20" reed frame
- reed sections: 6 – 5-dent / 4 – 8-dent / 4 – 10-dent / 4 – 12-dent
SL2163 25" Flip Loom Variable Dent Reed includes:
- 25" reed frame
- reed sections: 8 – 5-dent / 5 – 8-dent / 8 – 10-dent / 5 – 12-dent
SL2164 30" Flip Loom Variable Dent Reed includes
- 30" reed frame
- reed sections: 9 – 5-dent / 6 – 8-dent / 9 – 10-dent / 6 – 12-dent
NOTES from Schacht:
- It is easiest to set up the variable dent reed at your loom.
- The weaving width of the variable dent reed is about 1⁄4" narrower than a regular reed of similar width.
- Reed sections do not need to completely fill all of the available space in the reed frame. To weave at less than full width, secure reed sections with heddle retainer rings.
- To weave at full width, you may need to remove the plastic spacers from the frame posts prior to re-assembly
We have partnered with Schacht Spindle Co. to bring you a wide range of spinning and weaving supplies. Our first response to your order would be to have it shipped directly from our warehouse. In the case that our stock levels are too low, your order may need to be either ordered into our warehouse or dropshipped directly from Schacht. We will send you a notification with your expected shipping date once Schacht has processed your order. You will receive an e-mail with tracking information once your order has shipped and we will register your email to receive updates from the chosen delivery service for your shipment. Schacht typically takes 4-5 weeks for their orders to be processed, shipped, and delivered. Please contact us with any questions or concerns regarding your order.
If your project is time-sensitive, please contact us regarding the current stock & shipping times. You can call us at (509) 536-7746 or send us an email at email@example.com