Schacht has thoughtfully designed the Arras Tapestry Loom to embrace the old traditions of tapestry weaving with a modern twist as the timeless craft grows in popularity. Function, aesthetics, and comfort create a sturdy loom that is a joy to weave on for both experienced and new weavers. The Arras is solid maple, ergonomically designed loom with a 20" weaving length, and is easily adjustable to fit your specific needs.
The durable structure of the loom will withstand the rigors of tapestry weaving over time, and like all the Schacht products you love, the Arras is friendly, inviting, and designed for function. Compact and easy to transport at only 10 lbs, you will love taking your weaving on the go with this new thoughtfully designed loom from Schacht.
Enjoy an ancient craft on a loom perfectly suited to today’s weavers.
- Durable–The Arras Tapestry Loom is made of solid maple hardwood and maple plywood. The Loom will hold its shape even under the high tension tapestry weaving requires, warp after warp, after warp.
- Precise tension control.
- Generous sizing—20″ weaving width and a continuous warp of 45″. For longer warps, add the optional beam kit upgrade with ratcheted cloth and warp beams.
- Convenient warping—set the loom in a horizontal or vertical position to warp in a way that is comfortable to you.
- Continuous warp length up to 45”
- Cartoon holder—Clip your cartoon to the handy cartoon holder. It snaps into place below the warp guide.
- Smooth-working and adjustable shedding device that is easily controlled with a hand lever. The lever may be installed on the right or left side of the loom.
- Convenient and ergonomic design—set the loom height and weaving angle that is most comfortable for you.
- The legs fold up for travel or storage.
- Sits solidly on the table with no-skid rubber feet
- Portable—the loom weighs 10 pounds
- For longer warps an optional beam kit will be available at a later date and can be added to any existing Arras loom
- Included with the Arras Tapestry Loom:
- 100 Texsolv heddles are included with the loom.
- 4 color-coded coils are included with each loom: 4, 5, 6, and 8 dents. Warps can be doubled in the dents for closer setts
Weaving width: 20”
Loom width: 27”
Height: 30”, the frame can be raised 4”
Depth: 12” with legs unfolded, 7 ¼” with legs folded
Depth with Beam Kit: 14 3/4”
Weight: 10 pounds
Weight with beam kit: 12 ¼ pounds
Included: color-coded coils and 100 Texsolv heddles
Don't forget to order accessories for your Arras Loom
We have partnered with Schacht Spindle Co. to bring you a wide range of spinning and weaving supplies. Our first response to your order would be to have it shipped directly from our warehouse. In the case that our stock levels are too low, your order may need to be either ordered into our warehouse or dropshipped directly from Schacht. We will send you a notification with your expected shipping date once Schacht has processed your order. You will receive an e-mail with tracking information once your order has shipped and we will register your email to receive updates from the chosen delivery service for your shipment. Schacht typically takes 4-5 weeks for their orders to be processed, shipped, and delivered. Please contact us with any questions or concerns regarding your order.
If your project is time-sensitive, please contact us regarding the current stock & shipping times. You can call us at (509) 536-7746 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Schacht Spindle
Schacht Spindle Company, Inc. was founded during the back-to-earth movement of the late 1960's and its accompanying craft resurgence. Their first loom was a simple tapestry loom, a version which they still make today. Over nearly 50 years, Schacht has developed a broad range of high quality hand weaving and hand spinning tools, including their popular Cricket Loom and Ladybug Spinning wheel. Schacht’s mission is to create beautiful and well-designed products that enhance customers’ weaving and spinning experience through innovative problem solving, creative ideas, skilled woodworking and craftsmanship, and friendly, knowledgeable customer service. Schacht’s family owned business is located in Boulder, Colorado.