The Schacht Sidekick is now available. This is the brand new portable wheel from Schacht that is turning heads. I got a chance to spin on it at TNNA and it is all that it's cracked up to be. You can tell the design was well thought through and spins really smoothly. All of the flyer mechanisms, whorls, and bobbins will interchange with other Schacht wheels which is really cool. They have a Bulky Flyer for this wheel the requires the front maiden to be changed. Schacht thought of everything on this one, spins great, reasonably priced with all the whorls, stability and quality you expect from a Schacht Wheel.
THE SCHACHT SIDEKICK SPINNING WHEEL
The Sidekick is Schacht’s travel spinning wheel. She’s designed to fold easily, yet be a solid spinner. Here are some of the Sidekick’s features:
- Folds to 21.5″ h x 8.25″ w x 15″ d.
- Integrated storage of bobbins, flyer, and whorls for transport.
- Lightweight at 13 pounds.
- 13.7″ drive wheel
- Ratios from 4:1 to 13:1.
- Long, comfortable treadles.
- Uses the same bobbins, whorls, and flyer as the Schacht Matchless and Ladybug wheels.
- The Sidekick can be purchased without the bobbin-flyer assembly.
- 25″ orifice height for comfortable spinning.
- Employs Scotch tension with precise control knob.
- The drive wheel spins on ball bearings. The flyer turns on self-aligning bearings.
- Drive band tension adjuster allows for all whorls to be used with one drive band.
The Sidekick comes with 3 travel bobbins, fast and medium whorls, and threading hook.
You can find the Carry Bag separately here, while supplies last.
We have partnered with Schacht Spindle Co. to bring you a wide range of spinning and weaving supplies. Our first response to your order would be to have it shipped directly from our warehouse. In the case that our stock levels are too low, your order may need to be either ordered into our warehouse or dropshipped directly from Schacht. We will send you a notification with your expected shipping date once Schacht has processed your order. You will receive an e-mail with tracking information once your order has shipped and we will register your email to receive updates from the chosen delivery service for your shipment. Schacht typically takes 4-5 weeks for their orders to be processed, shipped, and delivered. Please contact us with any questions or concerns regarding your order.
If your project is time-sensitive, please contact us regarding the current stock & shipping times. You can call us at (509) 536-7746 or send us an email at email@example.com