Try your hand at drop-spindling with creamy White Shetland Roving paired with our handmade Paradise Fibers Artisan Drop Spindles. Our 29 micron Shetland top is light and soft with a gentle sheen and 3.5" staple length. Take your hand spinning to the next level with our well-balanced wooden drop spindles with a polished finish and 8" shaft which allows "down the thigh" propulsion for high-speed spinning. Enjoy tutorials from Schacht and Interweave sent directly to your inbox to help you get started hand spinning!
Each Spinning Kit comes with the option of adding a bottle of eco-friendly SOAK in either the reviving citrus scent Yuzu or the red-tea-inspired scent Celebration. This plant-derived formula is gentle and safe to use on spun fiber and knits, making your finished project soft and delightfully scented.
- Paradise Fibers Artisan Drop Spindle - in ONE of the following styles (comes with fabric drawstring bag)
- Multi-colored - Blocky OR Rounded Whorl
- Solid Rosewood - Blocky OR Rounded Whorl
- Solid Rosewood Ripple - Blocky Whorl
- White Shetland Roving in ONE of the following quantities
- 4 oz White Shetland Roving
- 8oz White Shetland Roving
- 16oz White Shetland Roving
- SOAK Wash - Celebration OR Yuzu 3oz Bottle (optional)
- Downloadable link to a free tutorial on Drop Spindles and Handspinning from Schacht. You will receive the link in your inbox after ordering your spinning kit.
White Shetland Details:
- Microns: 29-31mic
- Fiber Length: 90mm
- Top/Roving Length: 4 meters per 100g
- Top/Roving Width: 1 inch
Artisan Drop Spindles Details:
- Shaft length: 8"
- Whorl diameter: 3"
- Weight: approx. 60g
- Just Soak and squeeze. No need to rinse. Lay knits flat to dry.
- made with plant-derived and renewable ingredients
- biodegradable, phosphate-free, dye-free, sulfate-free
- safe for hand or machine washing (including HE)
- Yuzu: Clean with a peel. Pucker up and give your laundry some love with a kiss of tart citrus + crushed eucalyptus.
- Celebration: Inspired by the essence of Red Tea. Sweet, delicate, and absolutely delicious, this perennial favorite smells like good, clean fun.