Lightweight and easy to use hand carders designed for cotton and extra-fine luxury fibers. You'll love the ergonomic handles and sturdy construction of these hand carders. They are sure to last for generations!
- Suitable for Cotton, Cashmere, Angora, and other superfine fibers
- Large carding area - batt size 265 x 90mm (10½ x 3½")
- Very fine 190 PPSI wire teeth with flexible rubber back for long life
- Lightweight timber handles and batts - only 495gm (17.5oz)
- Ergonomic turned round handles for a comfortable grip and use
- Tapered curved batts
- Natural timber finish that can be enhanced with Ashford Finishing Wax
The world-leading manufacturer of high-quality spinning wheels, weaving looms, and textile equipment, founded in 1934 by Walter Ashford. Together with their loyal team they have produced over 800,000 wheels and looms using the finest native New Zealand Silver Beech hardwood, sourced from sustainably-managed forests with Forest Stewardship Council approval.
Every item produced by Ashford is backed by 80 years of experience, research and development, and customer feedback. They pride themselves on their timeless design, ease of use, and simple assembly.
Relax knowing the tools you use to craft with are sustainable, renewable, and environmentally-friendly. Experience the joy and pleasure of crafting with quality tools to create your own unique yarns, fabric, and garments with.
Read more about the Ashford story here.