Everyone's favorite World's Simplest Mittens from Tin Can Knits are now available in kits with various yarns from Plymouth Yarn Company. The perfect quick knit for beginner knitters, these mittens are adaptable to any weight of yarn, using 140-300 yards depending on weight and size.
Don't let the cold weather catch you by surprise! Choose from Fingering, DK, Worsted, or Chunky Weight for your super simple Adult-Size mittens. Each size is kitted with a variety of cozy and colorful yarns from Plymouth Yarn Co, including Alpaca, Cashmere, and Merino Wool. Make mittens in each weight for an entire set, or make your loved ones a pair to keep their fingers toasty warm.
Please note: Each kit potentially has enough yarn for two children's mittens; to make the Toddler and Child's sizes you will only need 1 ball or hank of each yarn. Find the full colorways for each line on our shop.
Soon to come! Keep your eyes peeled for more kits in each weight of these simple mittens.
- Fingering weight: 2 balls of Cuzco Cashmere Yarn / 40% Superbaby Alpaca, 40% Mulberry Merino Silk, 20% Cashmere - $38.00
- Colors: wild rose, ruby, grey, green, deep teal, champagne, black
- Petite balls of luxurious decadence with a softly shimmering “bounce” when knit, creating a stretchy but silky fabric. Perfect for mittens that are light-weight, but also cozy and warm.
- DK weight: 2 hanks DK Merino Superwash / 100% Fine Merino Superwash Wool $16.00
- Colors: bark heather, black, claret, denim heather, wisteria, light grey, peapod, red, straw, tangerine, turquoise
- Ultra soft and durable Merino feel heavenly against the skin. No worry about getting this yarn, just throw these mitt in the washer and dryer for easy upkeep. This ultra-smooth yarn makes the perfect mid-size mitts to keep your fingers comfy and blocked from the biting cold.
- Worsted weight: 2 hanks Peru Baby Alpaca Worsted / 100% Peruvian Baby Alpaca $20.00
- Colors: black, dark grey, denim heather, fawn, red, teal heather, periwinkle
- Dreamy, dense yarn meant for keeping fingers and ears toasty warm. Sink your fingers into incredibly luscious and warm yarn. Knit yourself some of the coziest mittens your hands have had.
- Chunky weight: 2 hanks Peru Baby Alpaca Grande / 100% Baby Alpaca $40.00
- Colors: merlot, ink melange, dark grey, wood heather black, blue mix, cactus, gold heather, grape, twilight blue
- An absolute dream of luscious, cloud-like softness. The big-sister to our Worsted Alpaca, this is the ultimate cozy yarn and perfect for thick-knit, ultra-huggable mittens. Little fingers will be warm and toasty during the cold weather months.
- Instantly downloadable PDF file for The World's Simplest Mittens Pattern from tincanknits
Skill level: BeginnerSizes:
- toddler (child, adult S, M, L)
- fits hand: 5 (6, 7, 7.75, 8.5)” around
- mitten length: 7.25 (8.5, 10.5, 12, 13)” from cuff to finger tips (adjustable)
- cuff length: 2.5 (2.5, 3, 4, 4)” (adjustable)
- fingering weight: 140 (160, 210, 260, 300) yards
- DK weight 100 (120, 160, 190, 220) yards
- worsted weight: 90 (100, 130, 160, 200) yards
- chunky weight: 70 (80, 120, 150, 190) yards
- fingering: US #0 / 2mm and US #2 / 2.75mm
- DK: US #3 / 3.25mm and US #5 / 3.75mm
- worsted: US #5 / 3.75mm and US #7 / 4.5mm
- chunky: US #6 / 4mm and US #8 / 5mm
- fingering: 26 sts & 36 rounds / 4”
- DK: 24 sts & 32 rounds / 4”
- worsted: 20 sts & 28 rounds / 4”
- chunky: 18 sts & 24 rounds / 4”
- darning needle, stitch marker