With all the great features of the Kiwi 2, the enhanced Kiwi 3 will be even more in demand from new and experienced spinners everywhere. The double treadle makes spinning more comfortable, it also makes it easier to stop and start.
The benefits of the Kiwi 3 are endless with add-on kits available that allow you to adapt the wheel to spin different types of yarn. It is a single drive castle style wheel weighing only 12 lbs is wonderful for learning the basics of spinning wool and other fibers. It features new hinged treadles for smoother action than the previous Kiwi.
Aside from the basic overall design improvements it also has the updated sliding hook flyer, the same as on the Kiwi 2. The Sliding hook flyer allows you to move the guide on the flyer as little or as much as you like instead of being stuck with the hooks on the old-style flyer.
KIWI 3 DETAILS:
- Folding treadles for convenient transport and storage
- Timber veneered MDF wheel with ball bearings ensure smooth, silent spinning
- 3 speed whorl with 5.5, 7.5 and 9.5:1 flyer ratios
- Double treadle, mounted on polyurethane hinges, for effortless treadling
- Sliding hook flyer with frictionless yarn guides and 10mm (⅜ in) orifice
- Quick and easy bobbin change with snap-in front flyer bearing
- Scotch tension for precise tension adjustment
- Includes 3 large 130gm (4-5ozs) capacity bobbins
- Built-in Lazy Kate
- Weighs only 5.5kg (12lbs). Choose either natural or smooth lacquer finish
- Wheel diameter 45cm (17½ins)
- Robust construction quick and easy to assemble with the Allen key supplied