Enjoy calming waves of hand-dyed color as you knit with this uniquely self-striping yarn, and create a comfortable easy-to-wear warm-weather top. The stitch pattern of this tee was inspired by the rails on a ferry boat, and paired with its classic boat neck, this top is sure to bring a little bit of summertime happiness into your knitting queue.
Knit with Urth Yarns' Uneek Cotton, the fabric of this shirt will be 100% cotton and be comfortable to wear in the summer heat. Each skein is hand-dyed in Turkey to produce vibrant shades that self stripe in your finished project.
Like all of Urth Yarn's hand-dyed masterpieces, every skein is unique! Also, every digital screen is calibrated differently. Slight variations in tone and saturation will vary from screen to screen. The actual color of your item may vary slightly from what you see on your screen.
See more gorgeous kits and hand-dyed yarns from Urth Yarns HERE.
Yarn Bundle Details:
Included in your kit:
- One digital copy of the Boat Neck Tee Top Pattern
- In kit size Extra Small (30" Bust): 2 skeins of Uneek Cotton or Monokrom Cotton
- In kit size Small - Medium (34"-38" Bust): 3 skeins of Uneek Cotton or Monokrom Cotton
- In kit size Large - 1X (42"-46" Bust): 4 skeins of Uneek Cotton or Monokrom Cotton
- In kit size 2X - 3X (50"-54" Bust): 5 skeins of Uneek Cotton or Monokrom Cotton
- In kit size 4X - 5X (58"-62" Bust): 6 skeins of Uneek Cotton or Monokrom Cotton
Additional supplies you will need that are not included:
- Knitting Needles:
Designed by Betsabeh Kazemi for Urth Yarns.
Knit in 2 easy matching panels and seam together with an i-cord trim.
If you would like to make this top longer than shown in the photos to make a comfy tunic, you will want to purchase an extra skein of yarn. (Or simply order the next kit size up.)
- XS, S, M, L, XL, 2X, 3X, 4X, 5X
- 30” (34”, 38”, 42”, 46”, 50”, 54”, 58”, 62”) bust
- 21” (23”, 23”, 25”, 25”, 27”, 27”, 29”, 29”) length
- 2 (3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6) skeins of Uneek Cotton needed (If you would like to knit a monochromatic top, Monokrom Cotton will also work well for this pattern)
About Urth Yarns:
When you choose Urth Yarns you are supporting a workforce of strong women who hand-dye their yarns in Mersin and Istanbul. Each Urth Yarns skein purchased plants a tree as part of the #knitoneplantone movement. Join us in helping Trees for the Future in their mission to provide families with tools and knowledge to plant trees in Africa.
"Planting trees provides families with more than just food. It provides income, empowerment, unity, leadership, education and even saves lives. When we can teach people to value themselves and their environment, they see amazing improvements in their standard of living."