Multifaceted and Androgynous, the Siki Shawl Pattern by Dawn Henderson is one of our fun and easy-to-knit favorites here in Paradise! Siki is knit flat using traditional triangular shaping.
The body is worked with half twisted ribbing on the right side and simple 1x1 ribbing on the wrong side. The piece is finished with a stretchy bind-off (that aids in aggressive blocking) and optional tassels or fringe that can be added at the end. The finished shawl is incredibly versatile, making the perfect addition for chilly spring days and cool summer nights, or a wonderful staple for the fall and winter. Finished project image knitted in the Malabrigo Sock Ivy colorway.
Kit will include the Siki Shawl Pattern and 2 skeins of:
- Malabrigo Sock - $40.00
- Size: One Size
- Finished Dimensions: Approx. 60” W x 25.5” D
- Yarn: 2 skeins of Malabrigo Sock
- Needles: 32" US5 (3.75mm) (or needle size to obtain gauge)
- Gauge: 20 sts x 20 rows = 4x4” / 10x10 cm (knit flat in twisted ribbing, after blocking)
Note: Gauge is not critical in this project, but modifications in yarn weight or needle size may affect total yardage needed.
- Weight: Fingering/Sock
- Texture: Plied
- Yardage/Meters: 440 yards (402 meters)
- Skein weight:100 grams (3.53 ounces)
- Gauge: 32.0 sts = 4 inches
- Recommended needle size: US 1 - 3 or 2.25 - 3.25mm
- Content: 100% Superwash Merino Wool
- Cares: Machine washable, gentle cycle, cold water